verb used with object
- General: to transform free text into one or more categories using keyword identification.
- Database: to search a free text field in a record for one or more recognizable words and provide a normalized value for that record.
- Marketing: to categorize job titles (or other contact information) into meaningful categories for segmentation.
- General: something that normalates.
- Database: a process that normalates free text fields for one or more records.
- Marketing: an online service for segmenting contact data more effectively.